Sink your teeth into a gripping vampire adventure that is equal parts fantasy, romance and suspense!
A vampire who longs to be human again, Todd is in the middle of proposing to Jessica, his one true love, when he’s kidnapped. Worse, Todd discovers that his close friend Zack, a charismatic and dangerous vampire, has sinister plans for Jessica. Now this desperate young lover must find his fragile fiancĂ©e and protect her from a terrible fate. Explore eerie locations, meet mysterious yet friendly characters, collect useful objects and solve brain-teasing puzzles as you experience an immortal love story with bite!
So this is my first game playing with Amazon underground. I didn't really know anything about it until it popped up on my screen. Therefore I'll be labeling future reviews with underground, free trial and paid for full version or bought outright to distinguish between the different play options.
*My disclaimer: I'm not a professional gamer but a casual enthusiastic. Therefore I tend to enjoy HOG or adventure games with HOG elements. I don't play timed games unless it's part of the game and there wasn't a way for me to find that out ahead of time. Great graphics, an interesting storyline and mid level complexity play are how I choose the order in which games I play. Although I may have my favorites, I base each game on its on individuality regardless of the publisher. I do always play each game on easy mode. *
Complexity- for a casual gamer used to more flexible i.e. Basic hidden object games, this one might prove to be a bit of a challenge for those wanting a quick bit of game play or for playing as a way to relax your mind before heading to bed (seriously, I can't be the only one doing that!) Since complexity tends to extend game play, I look upon that aspect favorably as it achieves a balance of difficult and easy, always providing the skip button. 5 stars
Mechanics- it was annoying as hell to have to drop the items in the exact required spot. One can not simply drop them in the area. An example would be the required finagling of the fishing pole. The bait must be at the end of the line not. If you don't put it exactly at the end of the line then it will mark the screen with an "X" therefore confusing those who aren't detail oriented into thinking that they have the wrong item. You can only imagine my annoyance when this aspect applies. There also isn't an additional puzzle which is something I always look forward to after completing the main puzzle. Since it's such a mainstream on other games, I was first inclined to knock a star off of the game. However, since it's completely on the Amazon underground platform and it truly doesn't require any in app purchases, I'll leave it alone and give it a 3.5 star rating.
Unique features- having the pause button is extremely helpful. I haven't noticed this feature on any of the other hidden object games so far. While it may not seem necessary it is actually most helpful to use when one's in the middle of a puzzle. That way, when you have to exit the game in the middle of the puzzle you don't lose your place or have to start over. Most helpful for middle of the action puzzles. Additionally, while there is no penalty for clicking on the wrong objects (as is the case in most easy modes) there is this somewhat jarring action that happens when the game can obviously tell you're just clicking on things for the hell of it. I'd rather not spoil it for the lazy bunches out there and let them discover it for themselves. Suffice it to say, it's just much easier to look for the items. 4 stars
Graphics-the background scenes are lovely while some of the character faces leave a bit to be deserved. If you're looking for a twilight esque theme, this really isn't related. So don't be disappointed as I have a feeling the developers created the icon to look similar to those book/movie characters as an attempt to lure people in. The main character that's a male is quite cute so that always helps! Overall, a rich graphic experiencing earning them a 4.5.
Storyline- quite basic although the most interesting aspect is that you're playing as a male vampire. I haven't played a male character before so that was new. The conversation is quite well written and its slow enough not get lost in the plot but interesting enough not to skip over the dialogue. 4 stars
Puzzles- Anyone who reads my reviews knows the logic, building puzzles are my least favorite. If I wanted to think, I wouldn't be playing a HOG. That being said, I felt this game was a good mixture of both logic and "other" puzzles. It breaks away from the traditional puzzles in the sense that more than quite a few are unique to the game. The Action puzzles are challenging but worth the struggle. The score for complexity, uniqueness and a good mixture of different types of puzzles would be 5 stars.
Sequel- Yes I'd love for there to be one so based on my potential interest...5 stars
Overall: Based on the fact that it's free, I would say that helped a lot of my ratings. While not as interactive or complex in the storyline, it did tidy up the lingering question about the fate of a certain character in the end.
A vampire who longs to be human again, Todd is in the middle of proposing to Jessica, his one true love, when he’s kidnapped. Worse, Todd discovers that his close friend Zack, a charismatic and dangerous vampire, has sinister plans for Jessica. Now this desperate young lover must find his fragile fiancĂ©e and protect her from a terrible fate. Explore eerie locations, meet mysterious yet friendly characters, collect useful objects and solve brain-teasing puzzles as you experience an immortal love story with bite!
*My disclaimer: I'm not a professional gamer but a casual enthusiastic. Therefore I tend to enjoy HOG or adventure games with HOG elements. I don't play timed games unless it's part of the game and there wasn't a way for me to find that out ahead of time. Great graphics, an interesting storyline and mid level complexity play are how I choose the order in which games I play. Although I may have my favorites, I base each game on its on individuality regardless of the publisher. I do always play each game on easy mode. *
Complexity- for a casual gamer used to more flexible i.e. Basic hidden object games, this one might prove to be a bit of a challenge for those wanting a quick bit of game play or for playing as a way to relax your mind before heading to bed (seriously, I can't be the only one doing that!) Since complexity tends to extend game play, I look upon that aspect favorably as it achieves a balance of difficult and easy, always providing the skip button. 5 stars
Mechanics- it was annoying as hell to have to drop the items in the exact required spot. One can not simply drop them in the area. An example would be the required finagling of the fishing pole. The bait must be at the end of the line not. If you don't put it exactly at the end of the line then it will mark the screen with an "X" therefore confusing those who aren't detail oriented into thinking that they have the wrong item. You can only imagine my annoyance when this aspect applies. There also isn't an additional puzzle which is something I always look forward to after completing the main puzzle. Since it's such a mainstream on other games, I was first inclined to knock a star off of the game. However, since it's completely on the Amazon underground platform and it truly doesn't require any in app purchases, I'll leave it alone and give it a 3.5 star rating.
Unique features- having the pause button is extremely helpful. I haven't noticed this feature on any of the other hidden object games so far. While it may not seem necessary it is actually most helpful to use when one's in the middle of a puzzle. That way, when you have to exit the game in the middle of the puzzle you don't lose your place or have to start over. Most helpful for middle of the action puzzles. Additionally, while there is no penalty for clicking on the wrong objects (as is the case in most easy modes) there is this somewhat jarring action that happens when the game can obviously tell you're just clicking on things for the hell of it. I'd rather not spoil it for the lazy bunches out there and let them discover it for themselves. Suffice it to say, it's just much easier to look for the items. 4 stars
Graphics-the background scenes are lovely while some of the character faces leave a bit to be deserved. If you're looking for a twilight esque theme, this really isn't related. So don't be disappointed as I have a feeling the developers created the icon to look similar to those book/movie characters as an attempt to lure people in. The main character that's a male is quite cute so that always helps! Overall, a rich graphic experiencing earning them a 4.5.
Storyline- quite basic although the most interesting aspect is that you're playing as a male vampire. I haven't played a male character before so that was new. The conversation is quite well written and its slow enough not get lost in the plot but interesting enough not to skip over the dialogue. 4 stars
Puzzles- Anyone who reads my reviews knows the logic, building puzzles are my least favorite. If I wanted to think, I wouldn't be playing a HOG. That being said, I felt this game was a good mixture of both logic and "other" puzzles. It breaks away from the traditional puzzles in the sense that more than quite a few are unique to the game. The Action puzzles are challenging but worth the struggle. The score for complexity, uniqueness and a good mixture of different types of puzzles would be 5 stars.
Sequel- Yes I'd love for there to be one so based on my potential interest...5 stars
Overall: Based on the fact that it's free, I would say that helped a lot of my ratings. While not as interactive or complex in the storyline, it did tidy up the lingering question about the fate of a certain character in the end.






No comments:
Post a Comment